Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bewitched

I wish I were Elizabeth Montgomery on Bewitched. I would twitch my nose, and my belly would magically disappear into the ether, gone forever, leaving me with a svelte new silhouette. My boobs would stay the same of course, so I would look more like a pinup girl than a runway model, with curves in all the right places & none of the wrong ones.

Instead I'm just a normal girl, whose only magical weight loss powers lie in the ability to exercise & eat whole foods in proper portions. Pooh. Not so magical afterall!

I'm not overly fond of working out, and while I love natural foods, proper portions can be a bit of a struggle when you love to make and eat delicious foods like homemade crusty french bread and apple crisps and chocolate cake! It doesn't matter that I've figured out ways to make almost everything healthier, I still need to work on portions - healthier does not justify double (okay, sometimes triple) portions.... healthier isn't a license to eat like a glutton!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a nice walk with the dog, and power walk/jogs with friends, but I live in Florida, where both the humidity and the temperature are almost always high, and shvitzing is a given just standing still. Ick. I don't like to sweat just standing still (Lets be honest, I don't know anyone who does when they're not in an actual sauna, and neither do you!). So I take my power walks in the evening, when the sun has started to set and the temperature has started to drop, and I still sweat. Did I mention ick?

Despite my distaste for sweating, I'm planning to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon on Sunday March 7th, 2010. I've roped a few friends into it as well, so I won't be training alone & will have accountability to all of them - since it was MY idea, and I talked them into it, I can't not do it without looking & feeling like a complete jackass! Besides, I wanna run in a tiara! While wearing a pink running skirt and matching tank with no bumps or rolls poking out to embarass me. And I might just carry a magic wand... or throw pixie dust!

Time for a few goals:
  1. Embrace sweating.
  2. Be satisfied with a single serving - remember that food is nourishment, not entertainment, solace or companionship.
  3. Burn belly burn! I want it to burn like a disco inferno in hell! On the same note, I'd like the weeble wobble of my upper arms to burn, along with that annoying smidge of upper inner thighs that like to rub when I walk & run.
  4. Run the Disney Princess Half Marathon in March 2010, while wearing a tiara, a fitted running skirt & tank, and feel proud of my body!
  5. Drop 50ish lbs, or whatever it takes to be tight, toned & fit by my 31st birthday in March 2010.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to be following your blog! Let's rock this fat out! :)

    ReplyDelete